Amer Sports is looking for individuals to join our team, professionals who are passionate about contributing to the success of our company while building a career in the outdoor industry. Across its portfolio of brands Amer recruits talented professionals who combine personal ambition with enthusiasm for working as part of a team toward a common goal.
Amer Winter Sports and Outdoors is seeking a Marketing Manager for the run category, inclusive of footwear, apparel and gear (includes Trail and Road) in the Americas. This position will own the localization and execution of the Global Brand Initiatives for the category in the Americas. Act as the hub for all aspects of the Go-to-Market marketing mix with an emphasis on: Sports and Community Marketing, Brand Activation, Consumer Engagement, A,B,C Initiative execution, Marketing Program Implementation, Marketing Toolbox delivery, Demand Creation. Create outstanding consumer experiences that amplify the brand and category performance in the region. Define local marketing toolbox requirements for the global brand (brief the deliverables) and master the global-local Marketing relay aligned with our commercial key business drivers.
Manage and Develop the Market:
• Plan and manage the annual marketing budget as directed by the brand director in ASA, in alignment with the commercial management team (who own the P&L).
• Manage and track invoices ensuring programs are within budget.Adapt Global Strategies and Tools: In close collaboration with brand manager/marketing manager and commercial management, adapt Global Brand marketing strategies to develop commercially viable and consumer relevant Go to Market plans and concept toolboxes for the Americas
• Adapt the concept toolbox to local needs and be responsible for toolbox delivery (on time & within budget)
Represent the country needs (US + CANADA) to global brand organization:
• Articulate and communicate the GTM marketing needs and toolbox requirements to Global Brand team; Ensure marketing toolbox sufficiency
• Provide commercial management to global brand with local market insights (sports practice, consumer, retail, competition) to enable market relevant initiatives/concepts and toolbox development.
o Clearly articulate local consumers’ Needs, Desires (Wants), Practice, Habits and Interests
• Provide Global teams with regular progress updates of marketing key initiatives against pre agreed KPI’s
• If applicable: Represent the region in global brand/marketing meetings and commercial briefs to ensure local needs are considered and addressed.
- Articulate Sell-In, Sell-through and Sell-Out tool requirements
- Articulate GTM calendar requirements
- Articulate Opportunities and Risks
Prepare to Sell:
• Develop the seasonal Marketing calendar and set clear milestones
• Implement the Product & Market launch plans covering Sell In, Sell Thru & Sell Out (Marketing Mix)
• Deliver the seasonal marketing programs, toolbox & and commercial packages at prepare to sell meetings
• Oversee our presentation / appearance at trade shows in collaboration with the commercial team
In Store Excellence (ISE):
Partner with ISE Marketing and Tech Reps to drive in-store excellence and effective in-store execution to ‘win at the point of sale’ (demand creation, space activation, promotion, events); deliver ROI targets with a focus on Premium Partners
In partnership with the Digital Marketing team, draft a plan for social media and digital marketing initiatives (aligned with KBDs)
Media Planning & Buying:
Develop and gain approval for the annual and quarterly media plans in conjunction with marketing and digital management for category specific partners.
Sports & Community Marketing:
Manage all community and sports marketing programs for the category to build brand awareness and create consumer demand. Brief Consumer Experience Team and collaborate on seasonal plans.
• Maintain the ongoing relationship with global sports marketing, providing market intelligence and attending global sports marketing events when required.
• Aggregate and curate marketing content in the form of pictures, videos, and written stories. Drive content though owned media channels in partnership with PR agency.
• Ensure content creation and distribution objectives are met. Tell great stories.
• Manage event strategy and execution
• Manage and recruit 3rd party community managers & ambassadors
Brief in-house and external marketing services teams on the creation of industry leading sell in, sell thru and sell out collateral
Public Relations - Work with external PR agency in the creation and execution of seasonal PR plans that place Salomon run products and brand stories into relevant consumer and trade media channels
Media Relations - Maintain outstanding relationships including regular and proactive communication with top endemic media outlets and influential media people.
Key Business Drivers:
• GTM Key Business Drivers / KPIs / Targets as defined with the Commercial Management. All marketing programs/plans need to be linked to these KBDs and are focused on reaching the defined targets
• Monitor, evaluate and report marketing plan against targets (Analysis, Reporting, in the country)
Brand KPIs/ Marketing ROI:
Build, track and report results relative to brand and commercial priorities.
• Market share, Funnel metrics (only in conjunction with global brand)
• Marketing ROI
• Key Initiative/ Concept Toolbox implementation
• On-time activation/implementation
• In-store Excellence Targets
• Consumer Contacts (acquisition)
• # of events and event participation
• Budget management
• Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in marketing & brand management in premium branded consumer goods industry; premium sporting goods market preferred
• Experience gained on either the client or agency side
• High-level category marketing experiences in local country/ region (GTM) marketing with all aspects of the marketing mix especially delivery
• Must be actively engaged in endurance sports (trail running/nordic skiing) including an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the endurance culture and consumer (motivations, trends, insights)
• Must be a respected member of the endurance community
• Brand and Category Activation,
• Consumer Engagement
• Concept and Key Initiative execution
• Marketing Toolbox delivery
• Sports and Community Marketing including working ambassadors/athletes
• Was involved in adopting global marketing concepts and building regional/local Category Marketing Programs
• Holding responsibility of budget management, ROI, on-time delivery
• Brings relevant experience in the outdoor industry
Post-secondary education in Business/Marketing/Communications or related area or equivalent experience (Bachelor/Master Degree)