Amer Sports is looking for individuals to join our team, professionals who are passionate about contributing to the success of our company while building a career in the outdoor industry. Across its portfolio of brands Amer recruits talented professionals who combine personal ambition with enthusiasm for working as part of a team toward a common goal.
PR & Communications Manager
Manages the PR and marketing communications for Salomon Snowboards, such as social media, consumer and trade events, catalog and web copywriting, and daily project management of marketing communications.
Follows and manages the team of Athletes, during their season, providing support and monitoring progress. Identifying future potential team athletes
• COMMUNITY MANAGER Implements the Salomon Snowboards social media strategy. Stays current on the latest social networking technologies and represents Salomon snowboards directly to the consumer; Manage Regional Social Network program to create positive brand image and content creation in social media and through community marketing. Monitor and encourage consumer and retailers dialogue through social media including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Blogs.
• PUBLIC RELATIONS Applies Global PR strategy including seasonal press kit creation and product preview organization and distribution, consumer and trade event PR execution, global team rider updates, key products and stories as well as internal communications . Maintain endemic and non-endemic media (trade and consumer) relations with global and USA partners based on the priorities established with senior management. CONSUMER/TRADE EVENT COORDINATION Assist in trade show organization, consumer events including Mt Hood Summer Camp sponsorship execution. Coordinate with sales management, promotional materials vendors, agencies, organizations, and athletes as needed by Marketing Manager or Brand Manager.
• COPYWRITING: Creates and edits copy for press releases, product catalogs, web sites and other marketing materials for Salomon Snowboards. Coordinates with copywriting freelancers as needed on a project-by-project basis as directed by Marketing Services Manager. Creates key product story copy for Salomon snowboards product lines. Collaborates with Brand Managers and Marketing Services Director on all content for consistency with brand voice and product line.
• COLLABORATIVE WORK: Develop close relationships with the commercial and product teams to engage in the Product creation process for Salomon Snowboards.
• PRODUCT SEEDING: Fulfill promotional product requests and other ad hoc needs for media including brand ambassadors, event producers, editors, sales reps, and retailers.EVENT COORDINATOR: Executing Summer camp program, Dirksen Derby ,the partnership with the Banked Slalom in Mt Baker and other events based on creation and presentation of Marketing Playbook Planning. sales/marketing programs and promotions. Participates in the BP process for Salomon snowboards.
• EARNED MEDIA: Fulfill material, product, and other ad hoc needs for media including event producers, magazine editors, sales reps, and retailers.
• TEAM COORDINATION: Order the right product for the Athletes pre-season, Send and follow up on product. Follow athletes planning and their season. Evaluate who’s moving up and who’s not with the sports marketing manager. Identify young potential talent.
• On time – this role requires on time delivery of projects and planning. Proficient in social media programs and applications
• Up to date knowledge of the latest social media trends and consumer habits.
• Good knowledge of Social media developments and awareness of the good practises within snowboarding communities
• Ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
• Some creative and imaging skills as well as technical skills that include writing and proofing marketing materials.
• Excellent people and relationship building skills
• Good communicator and time manager. Able to prioritize work load and respect timelines
• Knowledge and love of the snowboard industry
• Knowledge of Photo editing software, Microsoft Power point, word, excel, constant contact, Hootsuite, Magento, Tumblr, Wordpress, web applications.
• Willingness to travel and take part in events and trade shows.
• Ability to work outside his role giving a helping hand when needed in other departments.
2 years related experience in marketing, media, event, or athlete relations. Additional experience can be used in lieu of degree.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university.