Suunto was founded in 1936 by Tuomas Vohlonen, a Finnish orienteer and inventor of liquid-filled field compass. Since then Suunto has been at the forefront of design and innovation for sports watches, dive computers and instruments, which are used by adventure seekers all over the globe. From the highest mountains to the deepest oceans, Suunto equips adventurers to conquer new territory. Suunto’s headquarters and manufacturing plant is in Vantaa, Finland. Employing more than 400 people worldwide, Suunto products are sold in over 100 countries. The company is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation along with its sister brands Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, Wilson, Peak Performance and Precor. Amer Sports is a dynamic, global sports company offering passionate achievement-oriented professionals the chance to succeed and flourish in an international environment. We are a company where ambitious, competent and motivated people can make their mark. All our team members are ready to strive for the best of the company and to win together. Just like our customers, we are dedicated to an active lifestyle and sports.
Overall controlling and planning for Suunto Americas. Finance support for Suunto Americas regional sales and marketing functions.
· Overall controlling for all P&L and working capital Balance Sheet items (sales receivables) in own market area including reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
· Sales reporting and forecasting in co-operation with the regional and country teams, finance representative in sales planning (part of S&OP)
· Approval of customer contracts / trade terms within agreed approval limits, escalation to global when limits exceeded.
· Audit / controlling of pricing and discounts.
· Approval for exceptions to and controlling of pricing, discounts, payment terms within defined limits.
· Key customer profitability reporting, analysis and planning.
· Sales incentive calculations for own region.
· Leading monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and planning rounds in own region.
· Contribute to new product pricing decisions and analyze in-market portfolio price performance.
· Contribution to Suunto strategy process.
· +5 years of relevant experience in business controlling and/or sales management.
· Master´s degree and/or relevant experience
· Strong commercial thinking & business acumen
· Financial analysis and planning skills
· People and network leadership skills
· Consumer & market understanding
· Change management skills
· Strong personality; makes impact and demonstrates stamina to overcome resistance
· Ready to deliver both short term and long term
· Languages: English
What We’ll Provide
This role is based at the regional headquarters for our Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor category of Brands in the city of Ogden, Utah--the gateway to the many exciting ski areas and other outdoor recreation. We offer a great working environment in the sports industry with talented & passionate colleagues all over the world! Other benefits and perks include:
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other