Suunto was founded in 1936 by Tuomas Vohlonen, a Finnish orienteer and inventor of liquid-filled field compass. Since then Suunto has been at the forefront of design and innovation for sports watches, dive computers and instruments, which are used by adventure seekers all over the globe. From the highest mountains to the deepest oceans, Suunto equips adventurers to conquer new territory. Suunto’s headquarters and manufacturing plant is in Vantaa, Finland. Employing more than 400 people worldwide, Suunto products are sold in over 100 countries. The company is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation along with its sister brands Salomon, Arc’teryx, Atomic, Wilson, Peak Performance and Precor. Amer Sports is a dynamic, global sports company offering passionate achievement-oriented professionals the chance to succeed and flourish in an international environment. We are a company where ambitious, competent and motivated people can make their mark. All our team members are ready to strive for the best of the company and to win together. Just like our customers, we are dedicated to an active lifestyle and sports.
Develop and execute marketing activities and Joint Marketing Plans with key customers to drive brand awareness, customer engagement and sales for Suunto brand in the Americas.
A creative, motivated and highly organized marketing expert to join Suunto America’s team to own and drive all marketing for the region.
Languages: proficiency in English
Computer skills: extensive command of Microsoft Office and Adobe CS
Degree: Master’s Degree in business with focus on marketing preferred
Travel: passport and able to travel domestic / international
• 5+ years marketing experience creating & driving campaigns in multiple channels for outdoor products
• Proven track record managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders
• Able to synthesize complex technologies into compelling user benefits and tell a compelling story
• Deep understanding of consumer behavior and best in practice technologies
• Budget planning, tracking, and reporting
• Strong digital marketing skillset and experience
• Sophisticated understanding of best in class marketing practices
• Vendor management and negotiation prowess
• Passion for outdoor activities and a get after it mentality
What We’ll Provide
This role is based at the regional headquarters for our Amer Sports Winter & Outdoor category of Brands in the city of Ogden, Utah--the gateway to the many exciting ski areas and other outdoor recreation. We offer a great working environment in the sports industry with talented & passionate colleagues all over the world! Other benefits and perks include:
Amer Sports is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other