Located in Ogden, Utah, ENVE Composites is a manufacturer of handmade carbon fiber bicycle rims and components. Established in 2007, and born from a desire for a better ride, ENVE strives to deliver consumers high-end cycling products without compromise. We are more than riders… We are adventurers, engineers and innovators, driven by our love of cycling. We are a dynamic collection of skilled individuals that create the world’s best carbon fiber products. We are passionate about the product we build, and we are looking for equally passionate individuals to join our team.
The Wheelbuilder builds the final wheel assembly according to customer specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Verify build order form for parts and serial numbers.
• Assemble the wheel, hub and spokes according to engineering and customer specifications
• Ensure the final wheel is true and that tension measurements are according to specifications.
• Complete warranty card information
• Complete a final quality inspection
• 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing or experience as a bicycle technician preferred
• Ability to read and interpret a variety of routine engineering instructions
• Experience using hand tools including spoke wrench, truing stand, calipers, wheel alignment gauge, tension-meter
• Knowledge of the wheel truing process
Physical Environment/Working Conditions
• Requires working in a loud environment
• Requires standing for long periods of time, using hands, arms and upper body to manipulate the wheel and tensions while truing
• Requires a combination of sitting and standing for long periods of time, bending, grasping, lifting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position